Jared hates losing teeth. He despises it so much he has stopped eating at times until the troublesome tooth falls out. Because of this Brad and I have tried to help him get rid of the teeth-the only thing this accomplished is now Jared doesn't tell us when his teeth are loose. He keeps it all to himself for fear Brad and I will pull the tooth. So anyway it came as a complete surprise on Monday when at dinner he was eating and a tooth came out. He was so excited and happy to be able to chew on both sides of his mouth again. That night he made preparations for the tooth fairy to come- in the morning no tooth fairy. He made sure Brad and I knew the tooth fairy had not come. we expressed condolences but assured him this sometimes happens and to try again the next night. So the next night comes. Jared comes into our room around 10pm with his tooth. He says he is going to bed and putting his tooth under the pillow!! We laugh and wish him a good night sleep. In the morning the tooth fairy had not come! I go into his room blindly looking for the tooth and Jared in an exasperated and grumpy manner says, "Mom its on the floor." I felt bad for my son, the lame tooth fairy had forgotten him again. How could she do that-he is a good kid and takes good care of his teeth. Much to our surprise and happiness Jared found the following note and a box of Little Ceasars cheese sticks (Jared's favorite treat) on his bed after school.
Dear Jared,
I usually don't leave lengthy notes when I come to visit, however I feel I owe you an apology seeing as I missed your tooth two nights in a row. I had to dig it out of the garbage can where I think you mom must have put it because she was so embarrassed I hadn't come yet. Well I am truly sorry. This you must understand is an extremely busy time of year for me. What with Halloween and Christmas candies and sweets, more kids than ever seem to lose their teeth in January. I have been swamped. That is no excuse I know especially for someone like you who takes such good care of their teeth. I really do appreciate that--they look lovely in my collection. Anyhow I hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy this little treat. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Love,
The Tooth Fairy
So maybe she isn't so bad after all....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment